StartUp Cup Morocco
Taking place in over 60 countries globally, StartUp Cup is a business model competition that aims to educate entrepreneurs on how to design a viable business model, develop customers, and accelerate their startup into the marketplace through a comprehensive judging, coaching, and mentoring process.
StartUp Cup is part of Global Entrepreneurship Week, the world’s largest series of events and activities related to entrepreneurship and innovation.
Entrepreneurs who compete in the 2015 StartUp Cup are rewarded for turning their idea into a viable business model, going to market quickly, testing assumptions, and modifying their business model as they learn what drives customers and revenue.
If you have an idea for a product, service or other type of establishment, competing in the Maroc StartUp Cup may be the motivation you need to make your dream a reality! and win 100.000,00 DHs. If you have recently started a business see how competing can help you get feedback and mentoring that takes you to the next level of success.
In order to participate, startups need to meet the following criteria:
– Exists no longer than 3 years
– Be proficient in the English language
– Have a scalable and innovative business idea or model
– Clear and meaningful target with a clear direction
– Working on the roll-out of the prototype and planning of operating phase
– Two or three core founding people with balanced ownership. Can also already have some extended team with lighter commitment
– Team qualifications and experience
– Scalable and innovative business idea and/or model
– Market opportunities
– Fundability of the startup
– 50 000 DH in Cash
– A spot to compete at the international final.
– An All expenses paid trip (Hotel and Flight Ticket) to Attend the International Final
– Ample media attention will be awarded to the national startup winner.
– Mentoring StartUp Maroc Bootcamps
2nd & 3rd Runner-up
– Mentoring @ StartUp Maroc Bootcamp
10.07.2015 : Opening application period for startups
10.07.2015 – 31.07.2015 : 1st Round of Application
Apply at the first wave of registrations increase your chances of being selected to participate at the National Final
05.08.2015 – 25.08.2015 : 2nd Round of Application
Some startups have already been selected in the first round, you may have the chance to apply for the National Finals if places are still available.
01.09.2015 – 10.10.2015 : 3rd & Last round of application
Last chance to apply for the National Final
October 2015 : Top 12 semi-finalists selected to participate in the National Final
October 2015 : StartUp Maroc Bootcamp for Top 12 semi-finalists
October 2015 : Picth to select Top 7 finalist @ StartUp Maroc Championship
January 2016 : StartUp Maroc Bootcamp for Top 7 finalists
January 2016 : National Final @ Africa StartUp Summit
June 2016 : International Final