The Future Agro Challenge (FAC) is the world championship for innovators, visionaries and leaders to change our everyday life.
Future Agro Challenge supports agro visionaries, farmers, manufacturers, and distributors from countries across several continents. Exciting innovations are disrupting the status quo in areas like technology inputs, crop production, animal production, agricultural processing, manufacture distribution, and consumer consumption. The Future Agro Challenge celebrates passion and ideas by creating an environment to showcase transformative innovations and inspiring entrepreneurs.
The most promising startups are selected from the national winners to compete in the Global Finals in Athens, Greece which, at the crossing of three continents, is rich in diversity in both wild and cultivated plant species, and has developed its botanical and agricultural practices for millennia.
Future Agro Challenge is the biggest gathering of the agri-business entrepreneurs, business leaders, and investors where opportunities unfold to opening new markets and creating new synergies
The National winner receives an all expenses paid trip to Medellín, Colombia where they will receive VIP delegate credentials to the Global Entrepreneurship Congress in March 2016. The GEC brings together entrepreneurs, investors, global leaders and startup champions from more than 100 counties. As part of the experience, the Future Agro Challenge winner will have the opportunity to: showcase their startup on a global scale; gain valuable insight from successful and experienced entrepreneurs; hear from and meet world leaders, economists and other experts regarding programs, policies and research aimed at advancing entrepreneurship; and, experience all Medellín has to offer that makes it an emerging hub for innovation and creativity.
The top local finalists that won’t make it to the International Final will get the chance to compete in the National Finals in Casablanca, Morocco in October 2015 during the StartUp Maroc Championship 2015 event.
In order to participate, startups need to meet the following criteria:
– Exists no longer than 5 years
– Be proficient in the English language
– Have a scalable and innovative business idea or model
– Idea / concept: idea clearly explained
– Pitching skills: persuasive and capturing presenting of idea
– Innovation: breakthrough in idea, business model, or design
– Scalability: does this business idea have a market potential globally or regionally. What is the capability of creating job positions
– Health: a healthy process for production or consumption
– Design: innovative in design
– An all expenses paid trip (Hotel and Flight Ticket) to Attend the Global Entrepreneurship Congress 2016 in Medelin in Colombia
– Ample media attention will be awarded to the national startup winner.
– Mentoring @ StartUp Maroc Bootcamps
– Pitching at the Future Agro Challenge International Finals is under validation by the FAC international Committee.
2nd & 3rd Runner-up
– Mentoring @ StartUp Maroc Bootcamps
10.07.2015 : Opening application period for startups
10.07.2015 – 31.07.2015 : 1st Round of Application
Apply at the first wave of registrations increase your chances of being selected to pitch at the National Final
05.08.2015 – 25.08.2015 : 2nd Round of Application
Some startups have already been selected in the first round, you may have the chance to apply for the National Final if places are still available.
01.09.2015 – 10.10.2015 3rd & Last round of application Last chance to apply for the National Final
October 2015 : StartUp Maroc Bootcamp for finalists
October 2015 : National Finals : StartUp Maroc Championship
January 2016 : StartUp Maroc Bootcamp for the National Winner and 2nd and 3rd Runner Up
March 2016 : International Final @Global Entrepreneurship Congress 2016