The Creative Business Cup (CBC) is the world championship for creative entrepreneurs.
The Creative Business Cup (CBC) is the world championship for creative entrepreneurs, which runs in a number of different countries. One winner from each country goes on to compete in the International Creative Business Cup Finals and pitch in front of 400 investors from the European Business Angel Network that will attend the event this year on November 17th-19th, 2015, in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The top local finalists that won’t make it to the International Final will get the chance to compete in the National Finals in Casablanca, Morocco in October 2015 during the StartUp Maroc Championship 2015 event.
Any entrepreneur from the creative industries with a good business idea and a registered company is eligible to compete in CBC as long as they uphold the rules and criteria described in this section. The prerequisites for participating in CBC are:
- The core asset of the business must be based on creative competencies: Aesthetics, design, senses, interaction, art, visuals, gaming, media, performance and musicality in a broader sense or other creative competencies must be one of the central components of their success.
- The startup must be commercial. Their concepts must have market potential.
- The amount of external capital invested in the participating company may not exceed 500.000 USD and the creative entrepreneur must own the rights to the idea with which he or she is entering the competition.
There are no specific requirements for the participating company in relation to age, turnover or number of employees. However, CBC is for startups which may be defined in accordance to the local context. Participants in CBC can be:
- entrepreneurs utilizing creative skills in the production of a creative industries product / service
- entrepreneurs utilizing creative skills in the development of a product or service for / in collaboration with other industries
CBC encourages entrepreneurs from the following sectors to participate:
- Arts and antique markets
- Film, video and photography
- Leisure activities
- Radio & Television
- Computer games and electronic publishing
- Toys and Games
- Visual and performing arts
The winners of CBC will be entrepreneurs that:
- Show a high level of creativity, and
- Present a business concept with great market potential
Please find attached a detailed description of Creativity and Market Potential
– A spot to compete in the International Creative Business Cup Finals and pitch in front of 400 investors from the European Business Angel Network that will attend the event this year on November 17th-19th, 2015, in Copenhagen, Denmark.
– All expenses paid trip (Hotel and Flight Ticket) to Attend the International Final
– Ample media attention will be awarded to the national startup winner.
– Mentoring @ StartUp Maroc Bootcamps
10.07.2015 : Opening application period for startups
10.07.2015 – 31.07.2015 : 1st Round of Application
Apply at the first wave of registrations increase your chances of being selected as finalist at the Creative Business Cup Morocco
Last chance to apply for CBC Innovation Challenge**
05.08.2015 : National Winners selected to represent Morocco in the International Competition: CBC Innovation Challenge
05.08.2015 – 25.08.2015 : 2nd Round of Application
Some startups have already been selected in the first round, you may have the chance to apply for the National Finals if places are still available.
01.09.2015 – 10.10.2015 : 3rd & Last round of application
Last chance to apply for CBC Morocco National Final
October 2015 : Finalists selected to participate in the National Finals
October 2015 : StartUp Maroc Bootcamp for finalists
October 2015 : National Finals : StartUp Maroc Championship
17.11.2015 – 19.11.2015 : International Final
January 2016 : StartUp Maroc Bootcamp for the National Winner and 2nd and 3rd Runner Up
2nd and 3rd Runner Up
– Mentoring @ StartUp Maroc Bootcamps